Sunday, May 30, 2010

Master of Orion and other obsessions



So I yet again took one of my all-time favorite games out: Master of Orion, a turn based space exploration game by MicroProse. A screenshot:

It runs perfectly in dosbox, though I haven't gotten the sound working yet-- but that's a linux and lazyness issue (read: it worked fine on windows last time I tried, but this game doesn't really need sound anyway). A quick google showed me you can actually pick this game up, together with Master of Orion 2, for a mere 6 dollars (.). Or you could go to your favorite abandonia website and grab it there.

More nostalgia today:
Entombed, the first (metal) band I ever saw live. In a forgotten few sectors on my harddrive, there it was: Wolverine Blues:
Entombed - Wolverine Blues
A pretty damn awesome piece of rollin' death metal. For all those people who love AC/DC and secretly want death metal; for all those metal fans who secretly enjoy rock, I present to you a fine, fine album.

No comments:

Post a Comment