Tuesday, July 28, 2009

hip hop

Finally, time for a new post.

I ordered some hip hop goodies this weekend:
Dälek - Absence
This one I haven't heard at all yet. Abandoned Language was so good this has to be worth it, though.
Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
An album I've liked for some time, and this one was with a DVD for the same price! I wonder what's actually on it though. Not sure I got the right RYM link for this.
Rites of Spring - End on End
The last album I ordered. Not hip hop at all, but just posting it for the record. This album is fucking amazing and I recommend it to any fan of (hardcore) punk. It's basically where emo began. Go google it.


Also, I gave MF DOOM's projects another listen because I got so excited buying the above:
Madvillainy cover
Madvillain is a project by MF DOOM (rapping) and Madlib (producer). They've got short tracks, with some rather unusal sounds and voice samples. But not nearly as much comic/villain notions and references as does the following album.
The Mouse and the Mask cover
DangerDoom is a collaboration between Danger Mouse (who also did production in Gnarls Barkley) and MF DOOM. They've got a truckload of funny lyrics, with enjoyable beats.

Go and find those albums, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment