Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flickr / Fear Factory - Mechanize

So yeah, remember my last post, where I said I was probably going to forget about the whole artwork thing? I totally lied about that. Here you can see the images of my copy of Fear Factory's Mechanize (see also below). Definitely one of my favorites as far as artwork goes. This version includes an extra track (Crash Test), as well as "special bonus content" (don't ask, I have no idea, it's probably some piece of shockwave or flash bloatware).

Fear Factory - Mechanize, unpacked

Anyway, the music is pretty cool too. I've known about Fear Factory for quite a while now ; I've had my period where tracks like Edgecrusher and Slave Labor were among my favorites. Around when this album was brand new, I remember downloading it, mostly out of nostalgia and slightly out of curiosity whether these guys actually made good stuff. After giving it a listen, I happened to stumble upon this version in the store. Impressed as I was, I bought it right away; and it was damn worth it. The only critique I really have is that the production is too loud, making this a little hard to listen to (no doubt this was intentional, but still). Samples on youtube: Mechanize, Powershifter. Other tracks I mentioned: Slave Labor (Archtype) and Edgecrusher (Obsolete).

No comments:

Post a Comment