Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Additions

After the Paramæcium post earlier today, I figured I might as well post other albums I also picked up:
Crematory - Awake
Melodic Death Metal with a LOT of keyboards and generally touches from gothic metal. Pretty fun. And no, it is not the same band as the Swedish death metal band that the cosmic hearse wrote about a month or two ago.

Vandal X - Two Man Army
I bought this mainly because I enjoyed this Belgian noise (rock) duo's 2008 album, All Lined Up Against the Wall so much.

Mahjongg - Raydoncong 2005
Last but certainly not least is this album, Mahjongg's debut album. This is some very solid dance-punk (at lack of a better genre name).

Röyksopp - Eple
With these four purchases, I received the Röyksopp single Eple for free, as well as a promo for some anti-aids compilation.

In another store, I picked up:

Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill
I liked Paul's Boutique and given the legacy of this album.. well, 'nuff said.

Room Eleven - Six White Russians and a Pink Pussycat
Room Eleven was a fairly new Dutch jazz group with a very gentle sound. The band recently disbanded, and that's quite a shame.

I guess I will be writing something about the above albums in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment