Saturday, January 8, 2011

DK - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegitables

Note: this is a review-during-first-listen. You should try making one. Its fun.

So here we go. I've been forgetting about DK for a little while. Maybe too long. I recently heard Plastic Surgery Disasters / In God We Trust, Inc. again (which just contains the album and the EP), so I figured I would try their other 'landmark album'. Most of what I heard so far is decent... but what lacks is DK's touch for good songs. Sure, the lyrics are probably good - I'm not that good at making them out, but the titles speak for themselves.

California Über Alles is a great song (fuck you jello, for fucking pronouncing Über wrong). After that, things seem to go back to the hardcore/punk mixture we're used to hearing from DK. Sure, it's entertaining, but it doesn't have that edge to make it a great album.

My conclusion? Go with Plastic Surgery Disasters / In God We Trust, Inc. first. If you want to hear something like the EP, though a little calmer and (imho) less lyrically interesting, go for this. But, you need to hear California Über Alles, just like you need to hear Nazi Punks Fuck Off (and the Napalm Death cover)!

No comments:

Post a Comment