Saturday, January 29, 2011

listening in 2011; January 29th.

Howdy. Time for new music!

MillionYoung - Replicants
Here's a pleasant surprise from chillwave artist MillionYoung. As with most chillwave artists, I'm not familiar with this guy's previous work, but the tracks off this album on HYPEM suggest I should.

The Dø - Slippery Slope
Next is a rather odd track by an (apparently) French duo titled Slippery Slope. The single, Too Insistent (RYM) is also pretty good.

New Lows - Harvest of the Carcass
Beatdown hardcore. An appropriate moment for live samples (also, their quality is decent and I couldn't be arsed to find anything else). Fucking want. The crowd looks kind of bored, though.

Next, indie pop fans will want to check out Gimme Some by Peter Bjorn and John. Second Chance is a pretty catchy song, and though it doesn't make me personally want to hear the album badly, I can imagine the indie crowd drooling over this. Also, cool album cover;
Peter Bjorn and John - Gimme Some

The Go! Team has a two-song single (RYM) out. The songs, Buy Nothing Day and I'm Not Satisfied are on HYPEM. I blogged about these guys previously; I wasn't excited then, and I'm not now, so I'll give the album a no-thanks.

Overall, some pretty good stuff seems to (be) com(e/ing) out this year! Time to go listen to MillionYoung. I think I'm going to do a first-impression-review.

No comments:

Post a Comment