Saturday, January 22, 2011

listening in 2011; 22 January

Hi there,

This post sort of continues from last Thursday; except I'm going to look at the 2011 - everything chart from now on; this chart includes singles, EPs and other stuff, though I'll probably ignore videos and bootlegs.

Anyway, there's a bunch of 'yeah... not for me' material here now; a single from the Kanye album, which turned out to be a good song except for, you know, Kanye (listen for yourself).

Moving on, we see Nicolas Jaar with Space Is Only Noise, which I think is microhouse. A truckload of samples, vocals here and there. HYPEM has a few tracks. Again, not really for me.

Cut Copy with their album Zonoscope is up next. They must get calls from the 80s all day, asking for their sound back, but the songs themselves aren't exactly bad. It just sounds kinda dated. Take your shot of nostaliga here.

Stratovarius - Elysium
Stratovarius is also still putting out albums; is their 2011 offering. I have my doubts about these guys (and power metal in general), but Darkest Hours and Under Flaming Skies sound great! The production is relatively heavy, but they're getting no complaints from me. A pleasant surprise!

Adele - Rolling in the Deep
Last, Adele has a new single, Rolling In the Deep, which is quite pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment